A recent survey of 5000 people run by SurveyMonkey and the Global BLockchain Business Council shows an increasing awareness and popularity of Bitcoin.
- 6 out of 10 Americans have heard about Bitcoin in general.
- Only 5% of people actually own bitcoin, however 21% state they are “considering adding it to their portfolios”.
- 69% of Americans surveyed are optimistic regarding the price of Bitcoin, and think it will continue to rise over the next 5 years; with only 13% believing in a fall.
- 38% see a possible bubble “pop” in 2018.
- Following percent have heard about alt coins – ETH 46%, LTC 41%, XRP 23%, Dogecoin 7%.